PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Game Images and Outerspace/Fractals blending
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

z3rongod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:01 am    Post subject: Game Images and Outerspace/Fractals blending Reply with quote

Hello PhotoshopForums!

I've stood the last night searching and searching and searching for a tutorial to suit my needs but I seem to be out of luck. I've stood an hour staring at the picture trying to figure out how to blend the images to make a nice gaming banner.

The banner I'm making is for a local Counter-Strike community, the name being "stars". I've took a couple of pictures from the game and nice looking picture from deviantart "Star" to which i added an S :P

Can you please give me some tips, hints, or better yet even a tutorial about the best way to blend these images into a nice looking header?

This is the deviantart photo http://dreaming-star.deviantart.com/art/Stars-68600760

This is the latest of my project:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1176/primar1.jpg

I promised the boys I'll finish the work today, though I don't think I'll make it..

Thankfully,
Sergiu.

rogermota

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sergiu,

What you want to use is a layer mask for each of the elements. Then use a large, soft brush and start to remove the edges. Use 50% opacity on the brush and do multiple passes. Plenty of video tutorials on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=static+layer+mask&aq=f

Good luck,
Rog

z3rongod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks of the reply. I've considered this but I thought it wouldn't turn up nice, it would just be some pictures a little faded one in each other. I'll play around and see more tutorials with blending with layer masks maybe i'll find something suitable for my job.

If you have more suggestions, i'm refreshing this topic every hour or so..

z3rongod

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i played with layer mask but i can't seem to accomplish anything. Just some "floating" pictures or easy fade in the background which seems noobish..

rogermota

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it the other way, select one of the layers and mask it out completely. Then with a (10-20%) low opacity brush, bring in some of the photo in multiple passes. It won't look floating because most of it will be semi-transparent (and not just the edges)

z3rongod

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried over and over and i can't get anything better. I really need help finishing this... If i don't finish it they will use this banner Eek

I'm not joking ... (attached one)

Some more detailed tips even a tutorial if there is one..

This is the PSD http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/39235/Banner_psd.rar

And i used sadist fractal brushes.

iDad

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just download file are you looking for new version or the same?

axctually I should wait for rogermota to respond, don't want to step on any toes

z3rongod

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well depends on what you mean by a new version. I've started from the stars image from deviantart, the turquoise. The name being "Stars.ehlo.ro" (ehlo being the hosting company) i was thinking to use an outerspace theme, but then i found those really nice sadist fractals which i used on the background. I can post a link or you can put on google sadist fractals and i think it's the first one. The header would be put on the forums for now and when i learn enough php and css to make a website i would put it there also. (link to the forums so you would know the style/theme of them if you'd like: http://www.stars.ehlo.ro/index.php)

On the center picture where " Stars.Ehlo.Ro " sign is, it's pasted over and skewed on, also added two lights which i was thinking to make a gif out of it. Mainly the lights would be on the sign and from time to time they would blink out for a second, so it would be a little dynamic.

If you have a better idea for it feel free to use it, i wouldn't mind!

Thanks for your time! Waiting unpatientelly for a response Big Grin

z3rongod

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone please help me out? At least an example/tutorial to follow. People over here from the community are getting pretty inpatient Frown

iDad

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

try explaining what you want again, when I download the file it was nothing like what I see 4 or 5 post before this one, I think what you posted if far better than the download stuff
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: