PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Getting the BEST iMac configuration for Photoshop CS4
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

JARandell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Getting the BEST iMac configuration for Photoshop CS4 Reply with quote

I currently have the 24" iMac 2.93GHz with 4GB of RAM, Model: MB419LL/A. I'm looking to upgrade to one of the new iMac 27" models. However, in doing so, I want to be certain that when I buy it, I get the best hardware configuration I can without buying "to much" or "to little". I am a professional photographer that's primary use on the iMac is photo processing. Video processing is about 20% of my work.

I have a simple question that requires an objective answer:

When buying a new iMac what are the most important configuration items I should be looking for in an effort to obtain the best performance out of CS4?

- The highest processor speed I can afford?
- The most memory I can afford?
- The best video card I can afford?
- The most cache (3MB vs. 6MB vs. 8MB) I can afford?
- The CPU architecture (Dual core vs. Quad core)?

Also, as a bonus question... with the new 27" iMacs offering four different base configurations:

http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/family/imac?aid=AIC-WWW-NAUS-K2-BUYNOW-MACBOOK-INDEX&cp=BUYNOW-MACBOOK-INDEX

What's the trade off between going with a 2.66GHz Quad Core machine vs. a 3.33GHz Dual Core machine?

Many thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: