PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Glass and distortions - How to........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Ionize

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Glass and distortions - How to........ Reply with quote

Hey all,

I currently have an image in my head that I would like to get onto paper and the image is of a message wriiten in the condensation on a window as if somebody has breathed on it, with the image outside the window being distorted slightly by the glass.

Has anybody any ideas about how i could achieve this.

Thanks in advance.
Ionize

TiDaL

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i assume duplicate a portion of a picture of a window like a circular shape, t hen go filter-blur-gaussion blur about 5 or so, w hatever you think, then erase that layer the eraser at however big you want the text to be so then it will look like a finger is goin gover it

that sounds like it coudl work but i've never done it before, you have any ideas?

Ionize

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where you are coming from, but i'm not sure if that'll work. I'm trying to get it to look as real as possible.

Here is something that i threw together, now it was done in about 5 mins so no comments about how bad it looks lol, but its just so you can get the idea.

But i am gonna try your idea now and see what happens.

Thanks

window.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  174.22 KB
 Viewed:  1680 Time(s)

window.jpg

Ionize

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem i'm having with this is that I want it to be as realistic as possible. Inclucding the condensation, the drops of water at the edges of where the "finger" wrote on the window and running drops etc.

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try taking a photo of what you want. Draw hello on any frosted window. Maybe that will help create the effect to be more realistic because you can see exactly what it should look like.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

photo-synthesis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Web Machine has a great tutorial on creating the distortion effect caused by water droplets.

http://thewebmachine.com

look under photoshop and then water drops. couldn't link to it for some reason.

it seems like you might have to find several tutorials that do close to what you want to do and then tweak them together to get the effect you want.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: