PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Hello! (Noob, revisiting)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Introductions
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

AAB

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 3:52 am    Post subject: Hello! (Noob, revisiting) Reply with quote

Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to come say 'hi' to the board.

I used to play around with Photoshop about 10yrs ago (just mucking about, really) and I've recently been inspired to come back and learn it properly...

I've decide to immerse myself in the Photoshop-world (as I have been for the last 3/4 months), learning via a combination of video tutorials and books. I'm kind of going by the philosophy that - in order to get to an advanced level - you have to really know the basics, so things like understanding colour models and the more technical aspects of digital imaging, as well as the in's and out's of every tool, are what I am including in my focus this time. Before, when I played around with Photoshop, I was just finding my way through trial and error and certainly wasn't committed to learning it formally, as I am this time.

As such, I consider myself a COMPLETE BEGINNER - I have so much to learn and, at this stage, I find myself constantly discovering that there is soooooo much more for me to learn.

As I pour through the books and tutorials I find myself with a lot of unanswered questions, so I thought the best idea was to come and join a forum and engage in some peer-assisted learning. I'm getting around 3hrs of practice each day with more on the weekends, and I'm hoping that I'll be able to learn even more by being on here.

Looking forward to it! :)

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alec (I presume?)

It great to hear you are ready to come back to PS and investigate the feature rich application once more. I pretty much did what you did, but with the hiatus and it will do you nothing but good, PS wise. As a retoucher I tend not to use half the tools or functions available, but whilst I have forgotten a lot, it's surprising how the useful stuff like what happens when you choose one blend mode and add it to another, gets the result you were expecting.

The day you stop learning something in PS is the day you change your name to Knoll ;)

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: