PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
HELP! Blury writing in photoshop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

bloconnell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 2:30 am    Post subject: HELP! Blury writing in photoshop Reply with quote

Hey All,

Im still a photoshop novice, and I'm having a hard time making my writing look like it does on websites.

I'm trying to put white writing over an image, however it just looks slightly blurry and not to professional. When I look and other websites, and zoom in on there writing the pixels never get blurry. But when i zoom in on mine they become blurry.

Any help on this issue would be amazing!

thanks heaps

username27447

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be several things. First does the image size and resolution of your image match the size and resolution of the image you are looking at on the internet? You need a high resolution to retain edge detail.

Some thoughts on fixes, depending of course on what is actually wrong.
If you are compressing using JPG make sure you use the highest quality setting (100%) so that you don't lose detail.
When you are putting your type on your page try to use the largest type size you can, smaller type will look worse than larger type once compressed.
Check the anti-aliasing settings for the type. I usually try all settings to see which one works best for the specific type. You will need this more with smaller type than with larger type.
The only way to truly keep your font edges clean is to use a vector graphic output (svg) instead of a raster graphic output (png, jpg, gif).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: