PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help: Image Processor killing networking/internet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

ejmcgowan

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Help: Image Processor killing networking/internet Reply with quote

Hello all!
First off, this is my first post on the boards, so thanks in advance for your help. Here's my issue:
When I run the Photoshop image processor through bridge, about 70% of the way through a process, my network connectivity disappears, and other random functionality of my computer also goes haywire, such as iTunes (if it's open), and eventually, if the transfer has enough files, the computer will lock up entirely.
I'm a wedding photographer, so the processes I'm running are often converting 2000 raw files to .jpg files, but sometimes I might just run a process on 30 or 40 files. I'm not sure where the threshold is, but somewhere above 100 files or so, I have issues.
I'm working with CS5 on a Windows 7 machine. The capabilities of the computer are not the issue-- I'm using an i7 processor with 12gb of RAM.
I'll answer any requests for additional info as soon as humanly possible, but hopefully one of you has run into/solved this issue previously. Thanks again!

darklite

PS Version: cs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a bit of a radical and always point the finger of blame to windows 7. I tried to replicate your problem, but nothing happened. I did bypass using bridge though. I'm using cs4 on xp. However, I too have windows 7 and vista on other computers. Unfortunately, I don't have cs5 yet so I can't determine if it's 7 or not causing a problem.

Are you reducing the files in size when you run the image processor? Are you using any actions with it at all? If not, maybe that would be the way to go. I too am a photographer, and shoot tons of outdoor photos, so I batch alot of pics too--but not of the volume you are. Photoshop's automations are pretty good so I'm intrigued at your loss of network connectivity. It really sounds like vampire power sucking going on, but then you're running with 12gb of ram. I know that with 64-bit, 16 gigs will make it scream, so 12 should be pretty good.

I'm wondering if there are any camera raw preferences you can set. Just ideas. Sorry I couldn't get closer to your problem. The way it's affecting other apps like your I-tunes really sounds like a power sharing issue.

did you recently install cs5?

http://www.autumnwindstudios.com

ejmcgowan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm disinclined to blame Win7, mostly because I have two computers in my office running the EXACT SAME setup. One is mine, one is my wife's. We have different programs installed and different hardware (the one with the issues being the faster of the two), but the other machine has never had any issues like this one.

I'm running the process through Bridge, and the only thing I'm doing is resizing them down to 3888px; no other actions are being applied. I've had CS5 installed for quite a while, and have had the problem intermittently, but recently it's becoming more severe, so I thought I'd ask for help.

I appreciate your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: