PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
help with cutting n pasting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

playa4life

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:43 am    Post subject: help with cutting n pasting Reply with quote

i load 2 jpgs up and then i wanna cut my son heads off ( on the screen that is!) and paste it onto a photo...how do i go from one photo to the next,also my sons head is too large to scale for the other photo...pls help..is there a easy way ...what program/software do i need...i have on disc ..adobe ps cs2...jasc 7,8,9...or should i use something else...its his birthday soon and i need it ready for then...pls help... Bawling

Proprius

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, to cut it, go around his head with the lasso tool (magnetic lasso, if the color diference is big enough) getting as little of the background as possible.
Once you've selected it, hit Ctrl+C followed by Ctrl+V, to put the head on its own layer. Then you can use Ctrl+T to make his head smaller (hold shift so it maintains it's proportions, then drag in on a corner). Once this is done, hit Ctrl+A in the layer for your sons head, then Ctrl+C. Go into the image your putting his head in to, and hit Ctrl+V, then use the move tool to drag the head into position (feel free to reverse the Size step and relocation step, to get a better idea for how small it should be)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

qubert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: help with cutting n pasting Reply with quote

playa4life wrote:
i load 2 jpgs up and then i wanna cut my son heads off ( on the screen that is!) and paste it onto a photo...how do i go from one photo to the next,also my sons head is too large to scale for the other photo...pls help..is there a easy way ...what program/software do i need...i have on disc ..adobe ps cs2...jasc 7,8,9...or should i use something else...its his birthday soon and i need it ready for then...pls help... Bawling

First of all let me just say that you only are wanting to cut your sond head off in the photo. LOL

There is NO NEED to cut and paste when Photoshop has drag and drop.

Open, and make sure you can see, both photos on your screen. Now the one with the cut off head left click and drag the "heads" layer over onto the photo of where you want to attach it. HINT: (Hold down the shift key if you want the head or any photo to be centered.) BTW photoshop will make a new layer for you when you drop the head shot in to the other photo. You do not have to make a new layer before hand in the photo you want to the head to be in. (I'm assuming it is photo of a donkey you would like to place your sons head on. I know it would my choice for my son. LOL)

To resize the head photo press edit/ transform and either free transform or one of the other options below (size is most likely the one you want.) then resize the head.

Good luck!

def1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use the pen tool and you can resize without loss of quality

Datameister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
use the pen tool and you can resize without loss of quality

That's not entirely true. The edge definition won't lose quality, but the image of the head certainly will if you make it bigger. Let's say you had polka-dotted letters defined by a clipping path. If you tried to make it bigger, the edges would remain perfectly clear. However, the edges of the polka dots would become ugly and blurred.

In this case, the only possible benefit of using clipping paths would be ease--if this method is easy for you. Personally, I would prefer to use a layer mask for this example. But that's just my preference.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: