PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help with fixing my daughter's senior photo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Foxden Vixen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Help with fixing my daughter's senior photo Reply with quote

I only have a couple of days to fix my daughter's senior photo before I have to turn it in to her school. It was taken by a friend who is a professional photographer but she doesn't know Photoshop very well. My daughter wanted her braces off before she took her senior photos but that was not to be. Now I need to remove the braces and fix a wardrobe malfunction. I know if can be done in Photoshop but I can't figure it out. There is a youtube video on how to remove braces, but the photo that the guy is using is not pixilated like the photo I have. Do I need to save it in a different format to get rid of the pixilation? Here is a link to the photo so you can see it and give me advice on how to fix things like removing the braces, whitening the teeth and removing the bra strap that is showing. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks.
http://foxdenwebsolutions.com/Ashton/Ashton1.jpg

Last edited by Foxden Vixen on Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the photo...

Foxden Vixen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I uploaded it to my website instead of attaching it.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a quick edit. Things like this are time consuming to do correctly, especially if you are making prints. When you say the photo is pixelated, that indicates it's low resolution, like the one you posted 72 DPI. Resolution that low isn't good for printing either, except for a very small print.

You'll need the original full resolution file to get good detail when you zoom in to make the corrections.

Foxden Vixen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I forgot what she looks like without braces. She has had them on for over 3 yedars now. So I need to ask my photographer for her original resolution photos that she took. Hopefully she had the resolution set high when she took the pics. Now if I can't get the original photos do you think there will be a problem with sending what I have to the yearbook staff? They want a hard copy photo and a photo saved on a CD.

I messed around with another shot of her and at least whitened her teeth.

http://foxdenwebsolutions.com/Ashton/Ashton2.jpg

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to assume she used a good camera so the file size would certainly be larger than 72 dpi. Your agreement with her would dictate what she is required to deliver for the sum paid. Most photographers only provide low resolution photos as proofs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: