PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help with transparency issue
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Cash and Barter Market Place
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

michsageman242

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:11 pm    Post subject: Help with transparency issue Reply with quote

I am making an alternate icon set for a mod, EQ2Maps, for a game called Everquest 2. I have the icon set made but when used the icons show up in game as black squares with the icons on them. I would like the black background to not show up and allow just the icons themselves to appear. I am told this is done with the alpha channel. My channel I am told it set as white??? I do not have photoshop. I just purchased it but would like to get this set usable before then. Could some kind soul please help me out here? I will give you full credit. I know it is just a simple procedure with someone who has photoshop and a little knowledge of dds files. Thank you in advance.

Sage

The Extension 'zip' was deactivated by an board admin, therefore this Attachment is not displayed.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop wont open the file, I'm afraid they are not compatable, you will have to edit in the original software. Wayne

michsageman242

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:21 am    Post subject: Yes it will Reply with quote

There is a plugin available to view dds files. You must unzip this file and use have the plugin to view and alter file. I am sure someone out there is familar with this. Link for plugin is:

http://developer.nvidia.com/object/nv_texture_tools.html

Here's another link to a file you can download too.

http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229

Sage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Cash and Barter Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: