PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Here for a purpose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Introductions
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

CrystalGem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Here for a purpose Reply with quote

Good Morning! ^.^ I'm happy to be apart of this forum Just to give you little history about me and the reason why I'm doing so is to let you know that I am taking this seriously and want to use what I learn for honing my drawing skills and transferring that over into the computer.

I am 32 years old (or I will be) I have always loved to draw and want to take it to the next level for some time now. I have taken Certified class's at Prat Institute. I have attended Graphic Communication Arts High school and had my experience with Adobe Illustrator. I have attended St Johns University very expensive for me so I took summer classes at Lehman college a horrible unprofessional professor over there really discouraged me along with being tired from the commute and going to work even years after, Finally transferred to Queens College, still the commute was rough the house late and left me too tired to study also most of the art classes (at that time) were during the day when I was working. This was as you can imagine extremely frustrating. I attended Art Institute of Pittsburge online. Unfortunately did not have a MAC (or a computer not so prone to pc problems at the moment). As well as other contributing factors. But I love this school and because of educational debt (that I am currently still paying off) and Will be looking to continue on camps looking for scholarships and financial aid. Honestly Im very nervous about school again. LOL

But I do want to take advantage of the fact that I have a working internet access and computer and not let the past get into my way! ^.^ With that being said I am interested in the following:

Creating my own company (one day you have to crawl before you can walk) I'm looking for a mentor or individuals who can give me tips and advice for discounts on programs new technology old technology, anything that will basically help me to gain the confidence to FINALLY create a awesome portfolio. I am also a Cosplayer and want to create my own character and using graphs to take it to the next level. Lets help each other!

Have a Blessed Day ^,^

Feel free to contact me with information that will help me get where I need to be and vice versa if what I know can help you as well if you interested in something similar or for working on projects. I love Howl'e Moving Castle and the creator. (Just to give you an example!)

thehermit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi CrystalGem and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are not short of the spirit needed to succeed in your chosen field, tenacity and a hunger are pretty much requisite.

I would think that the software you choose to use would depend upon the type of art you produce (any examples?), it could be that Painter and it's engine may be more intuitive or that Illustrator is more suited to your needs.

A graphic tablet could also be a boon and is pretty much going to be required pieces of kit for a digital artist. I would suggest a re-conditioned Wacom Intuos 4 or similar for a budget solution.

CrystalGem

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to have photoshop from when I went to AIP Online. I have not used CS6 yet but I would take tutorials and learn. I was thinking of renting it from Adobe. I'm also interested in MIA and any other 3D modeling or programs that Video Game Designers use. I have books on them there are just so many programs that I would have to invest in. I'm not sure where or how to start first. I have friends who are self taught. But it just seems to me that I would really need to see the whole picture to know what I need to invest in. I have animation programs from the past that was unable to really get into. If i had it now I would try.
I don't know if you could transfer one work to another program to continue working on it. in CS5 studio when I had it installed before it was erased forever from my pc because of a pc virus I was learning how to work with it and still getting the feel for it. Frown D; stupid dell grrrr (sorry) :) Nothing against Dell (yeah right but this has been my personnel experience! Just telling it like it is LOL)

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard, CrystalGem.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

CrystalGem

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Patrick
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: