PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Hide a layer behind a transparent part
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Gaximus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:55 am    Post subject: Hide a layer behind a transparent part Reply with quote

I have a layer that has some transparent parts, I want to create a mask so that the layer behind that layer only shows through on certain parts and is hidden behind the transparency.

Example:
I have a layer that has a large circle with a transparent background. The middle of the circle has a smaller transparent circle in the middle. So it looks like a donut. I want to put a layer behind this layer that only shows up in the small circle, but is transparent on the outside of the donut.

I think I want to use a mask, but a mask doesn't mask the transparent part.

Thanks for any help.

Auieos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You still need to use a mask however you just have to be creative about how you use them.

Using the doughnut example:
I would put the new layer behind the doughnut and then add a layer mask to that layer while holding the Alt key to make it completely black/masked out.
Then highlight the mask and take a white brush slightly bigger than the hole and paint it in and you would be done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: