PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Hindi Text Problem In Photoshop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Rerocker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Hindi Text Problem In Photoshop Reply with quote

Hey everyone!

This is my first post here. I basically joined to forum to ask this question because I've see how good the guys here answer everybody's question.

I've been stuck in this for a while and have searched the internet for the solution. I have seen a few solutions but none of them have really helped me.

-----

So here's my problem:

I have to make an invitation card for my granddad and he wants one side in hindi. He gave me the text (in hindi) that he wants exactly on the card.

I have the fonts that are used to write hindi in photoshop. And they work fine! Except for one little thing.

Now to explain the problem I'm going to be using examples, and even if you don't know hindi, I hope I'll be able to explain the problem.

So suppose this is my word I want on photoshop->

कार्यक्रम

I open the text box and paste this word there, and PS automatically selects the hindi font and everything. but the word pasted is like this->

So basically it dissected the word. Though the word is still pronounced the same, Thats not the genuine way of writing in hindi. However if I right-click on the word:

It shows the word that I originally pasted but for some reason it cant show that! And when i copy the dissected word from PS and paste is somewhere else, it gives me the way I want!

That means that photoshop is understanding the word but can't show it the way i want. I've attached the PS file, please play around with it and help me out. The goal is to get it like this->

कार्यक्रम - BY PASTING IT IN THE TEXT BOX NOT WRITING

Thanks![/img]

hinditext.psd
 Description:
The PS File

Download
 Filename:  hinditext.psd
 Filesize:  119.03 KB
 Downloaded:  1460 Time(s)

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Open the character panel and adjust the tracking.

ScreenShot001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  59.26 KB
 Viewed:  8797 Time(s)

ScreenShot001.jpg

rag_gupta

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rerocker did you get a solution?

hawkeye's answer does not work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: