PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How can I do this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

VIKINGS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:20 pm    Post subject: How can I do this? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

So I decided to start making games, and the first one will be a nice, simple iOS game and altough I tried asking around I was unable to find someone to help me with the graphical design.
I guess nobody does things for fun or out of passion anymore they are all just about the $$, which I wouldn't have been able to provide untill after the game came out and sold some copies(and lets be real there is a very high probability that it won't sell a single copy...)

So I guess it's up to me to try and do that part too, and sadly I am the kind of person that can barely draw a straight line... so here is what I would need to be able to do in photoshop:
Get a real life picture(lets say of a squirrel) put it in photoshop, then put a white "canvas"(which needs to have the option to turn transparent on/off at will) over that picture so I can then draw the outline of the squirrel on the picture?

Is that something photoshop can do? If it can please give me step by step(noob like) instructions on how to do it since I am very much a newb with this program.
Olso is there a way I can grab certain colors from pictures and store them for later use?

Thank you for reading, sorry if I ranted a bit here and there.

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you want to do probably isn't the easiest way to get your feet wet with Photoshop.
I would recommend taking a look at some more general pixel art tutorials before trying to convert real life into pixel art.

http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/pixel-art-tutorials/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: