PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How do I display what Keys I am pressing in photoshop cs6?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Kaylabebe

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:55 am    Post subject: How do I display what Keys I am pressing in photoshop cs6? Reply with quote

I'd like to make a tutorial video, so I would like my keystrokes to be displayed on screen as I navigate around photoshop while recording, I have tried programs such as keypose and another similar program for this but they do not seem to work with photoshop for some reason, it's as if the photoshop hotkeys override the program. Is there a way to display this within photoshop itself? If not, can anyone suggest a program that works? Thanks :)

d^_^b

PS Version: CC 2014

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've not advised whether you're running a PC or Mac.

The following software is for PC. I'm sure there's similar software for Mac.

ShowOff displays erroneous key inputs e.g. it displays F4 ALL the time, when F4 hasn't been pressed. F4 can be removed from the settings file, but a problem if you want to display F4 being pressed. To access the settings fle, right-click the application in the system tray, select Settings. In there you can also edit the back ground colour, font colour, font size, transparency etc.

http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Skrommel/index.html#ShowOff

osdHotkey is another option. It too offers options for background colour, font colour, size etc.. Again right-click the app in the system tray and select options. The one down side to osdHotkey, which I couldn't find an option for, was to set it to "always be on top". This means you can't run it on top of Photoshop, you'll have to run it off to the side, so Photoshop cannot be maximised. Showoff does not have this issue and automatically displays on top of all applications. There are of course apps which can be downloaded to set an application to always be on top.

http://www.romeosa.com/osdHotkey/help.html

QiPress is the much more modern and advanced than Showoff and osdHotkeys. It has many more configuration options. Will always display on top. However, one downside I noticed is that it did slightly change the keyboard behaviour in Photoshop. Normally, I can just hit Alt release and then a menu letter to access a menu. With QiPress running, I'd have to hold down Alt and press the menu letter for it to work. Maybe this is the same issue you encountered in Keypose...?

http://aalapshah.in/qipress/

Those three are just the result of a quick Google search for "keyboard input display", downloading and testing.

Meow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: