PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
HOW to apply automatic strokes using the Pen Tool?????
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

sinsenest

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: HOW to apply automatic strokes using the Pen Tool????? Reply with quote

To apply pencil and brush strokes using the Pen Tool (in Photoshop CC - the version I'm using), I would constantly have to right-click on my path, and on the dialog menu that pops up, select "Stroke Path...," then select which "Tool" (I namely use the Pencil and Brush tools), then hit "OK." And that gets ANNOYING. This is Photoshop CC - which means there should be a way for the Pen Tool to automatically apply the (Pencil/Brush) strokes while I'm creating paths. Illustrator does that - so there should be a way for Photoshop to do that as well. It's a software a majority of artists use; there SHOULD be a way to automatically apply pen strokes. PLEASE tell me there is.

Beekeeper

PS Version: Photoshop CS4, CS5, CS6

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Re: HOW to apply automatic strokes using the Pen Tool????? Reply with quote

sinsenest wrote:
To apply pencil and brush strokes using the Pen Tool (in Photoshop CC - the version I'm using), I would constantly have to right-click on my path, and on the dialog menu that pops up, select "Stroke Path...," then select which "Tool" (I namely use the Pencil and Brush tools), then hit "OK." And that gets ANNOYING. This is Photoshop CC - which means there should be a way for the Pen Tool to automatically apply the (Pencil/Brush) strokes while I'm creating paths. Illustrator does that - so there should be a way for Photoshop to do that as well. It's a software a majority of artists use; there SHOULD be a way to automatically apply pen strokes. PLEASE tell me there is.

Before you use the pen, set the drop-down from the tool-option-bar on top to set from 'path to shape'. As you draw it will automatically create a new shape layer on the layers palette. I know this is on CS6, i am sure they must have kept it on CC too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: