PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How to change actions in Gimp tp Photoshop CS6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

littletank

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: How to change actions in Gimp tp Photoshop CS6 Reply with quote

I found some instructions that were for Gimp users and I want to do the same in PS and I am a bit of a rookie. The first instruction was:- Colours->
Components->Decompose RGB. This I believe gave a monochrome image and three layers Red, Green and Blue. The other instruction was:- Select a layer and add a layer mask greyscale copy. There are some more items which I think I can manage.

Thank you for any help.

Auieos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elements has an easy Decompose RGB option, unfortunately Photoshop has the channel mixer and the channel tabs so you have to do the hard yards.

Creating 3 duplicate layers and using the channel mixer to drop the two unwanted channels back down to zero for each layer should produce the same result as decompose RGB.

Layer mask grey-scale copy sounds like copying a layer into the mask channel. Select your layer, create an empty mask and click on the channels tab then turn the mask channel visibility to on and paste your image into it.

littletank

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much I can now see how to solve the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: