PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
how to create a custom text box in photoshop cs5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

sirbart

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:18 pm    Post subject: how to create a custom text box in photoshop cs5 Reply with quote

I found videos on how to do this, but once I make the shape with either the pen tool (with 'paths' activated) or with a cusom shape. I cant get the text to select that shape to write inside it... I also tried playing with the settings in 'paragraph' for the text, and I still have no luck.. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Please note. Im kind of new to photoshop, so I wont know all the terms or how to use all the tools, so step by step detailed instruction weould be huge.

Thanks again!!

d^_^b

PS Version: CC 2014

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2015 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create your path - I did so with the Pen tool, set to Path

Switch to the type tool and click inside the Path - notice your cursor changes to a dotted ellipses

Type away, but make sure your font size, leading, tracking etc. are not too big for the custom text box, otherwise you won't see anything. Press enter or click the Tick button to accept the text

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: