PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
how to disable brush pop up menu with wacom tablet
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

geoffs

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:39 am    Post subject: how to disable brush pop up menu with wacom tablet Reply with quote

Hello,

I am new to photoshop and I need to know how to turn off the brush pop up menu when you hold the wacom pen on the canvas for a couple seconds. this makes drawing a circle impossible as it creates a small straight line first because the program is thinking if i want this menu to pop up or not. I have tried disabling it in my wacom preferences with no success, I have done this in painter so im pretty sure its possible, its driving me crazy. thanks

geoffs

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermind i figured it out, thanks, its edit - preferences - interface - then i disbaled all the panels and documents check boxes

geoffs

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant beleive whats happening here, it will work, then i post that i fixed it, go back into photoshop and its back again. This has happened twice now, and it seems to be back for good the third time, so i still need help with this if possible, thanks

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never heard of that behavior with a Wacom tablet. I'd try reinstalling the driver, or better yet look on the Wacom site for an updated driver for your tablet.

geoffs

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fixed! its in the vista device manager, pen options, turn off press and hold right click

viksra

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geoffs wrote:
fixed! its in the vista device manager, pen options, turn off press and hold right click

Thank you for this. I was trying to find a way to disable the brush menu in Photoshop as well. Every time I pressed the mouse down to start drawing, a blue circle would appear and the brush menu would appear, or it would lag for a split second as I would start to draw causing my drawing to be inaccurate. Thank you, your solution fixed my problem! :)

SakuNaoki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done the setting, reinstalled and it's still doing this odd brush palette pop-up, and when I try to use Bamboo Dock Doodle it won't lemme make a long streak, just dots.
can anyone help? D;

panda209

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMP!!

I am having the same issue as SakuNaoki.

I have already tried the above and still nothing. Please help! :/

username18052

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

panda209 wrote:
BUMP!!

I am having the same issue as SakuNaoki.

I have already tried the above and still nothing. Please help! :/

Go to the WACOM preferences panel and disable the side buttons. That may be an option.

animaker131

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:35 am    Post subject: Windows 7 fix Reply with quote

I've had the same problem with my tablet for quite a while. I'm running Windows 7 and a Wacom Intuos 4 tablet. I fixed my problem by going to Control Panel (making sure the tablet was plugged in)--> Hardware and sounds--> Pen and Touch--> and then unchecking the box reading "Use the Pen button as the right click equivelant". It worked for me. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: