PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How to drag photos directly into LAYERS??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

paulyporu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: How to drag photos directly into LAYERS?? Reply with quote

I often make images composed of multiple photos. When I want a new photo added I simply drag it from the folder it is stored in into the PS window. The problem is that this becomes a new, separate PS document. I then have to minimize it and then drag it onto the file that I was originally working on. Its simple enough but gets annoying when you have to do it multiple times.
Is there any way to simply drag a JPEG and have it go directly into the layers of the image you are currently working on?

Boo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always opened the images separately all in one shot.

Then, duplicate the layers in each photo and drag these duplicated layers from each individual photo into your main image.
This is always the way I did it, but if there's a quicker way I'd love to know how.

But sometimes we just gotta go through the "blood sweat and tears" of opening and dragging windows to achieve a task

what a pain eh?

Vestat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also love to know something like this, it is really annoying to open every single file and to drag and drop every single image in the canvas I'm working with.

If anyone knows.. please share it! Big Grin

Htown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may not be exactly what you are looking for but it will add the new image (only one at a time) you select to the different layers of the file you are working on. Just use File>Place and select the files you want from the dialog.

If you know all the files ahead of time and want them on different layers then use Bridge (I have CS4 and I am not sure how far back this feature goes) Navigate to the folder with your images in it, select the images you want, then go to Tools>Photoshop>Load Files into Photoshop Layers...

Hope this helps,
Houston

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: