PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How To Make A Red Velvet Fabric Effect
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

motumbo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:21 am    Post subject: How To Make A Red Velvet Fabric Effect Reply with quote

Hello. I am trying to make a red velvet fabric effect. Have you ever seen velvet curtains? That's sort of what I am looking for.

Basically I want a velvet background for a webpage. So I want something that provides the desired effect and color that is small and can be repeated in a background without looking like a bunch of square blocks.

Does anyone have any suggestions where I should start with this? Are there any brushes or suggested colors that I can use? I'm colorblind, too.

Thanks for your help.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heres a quick one I made in photoshop, create a new canvas the size you need, then fill with the red/marone colour, next using the graident tool (the one that fades from both sides) on a new layer put on your shadows, to give the effect of pleats, then lower the opacity of the layer to make it look more realistic, when your happy flatten the layers and add a texture (I used sandstone at a lowish setting) and it gives a fairly convincing velvet look. Wayne

Untitled-1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  22.24 KB
 Viewed:  2610 Time(s)

Untitled-1.jpg

motumbo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Wayne! Since I'm using it for a background on a webpage, I think your technique will work perfectly. There's no guarantee I'll make mine as good as yours. But I'll give it a try.

Thanks for taking the time to reply to me and the time to whip up an example.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No Problems, glad to be able to help. Wayne
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: