PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How to make outdoor cloudy-day photos look like this ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

reaffer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:03 am    Post subject: How to make outdoor cloudy-day photos look like this ? Reply with quote

Hi i'm new to this forum Big Grin Which appears to be a great one !

I'm not new to photoshop , but i'm a bit new to photos' color correcting , enhancing ... I use - to enhance photos - color curves , gradient map , levels , color lookup and the wide range of tools Camera raw provides .

I liked the spirit shown by the colors in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y72izrEHP78

And i really want to reach this beautiful dark film-lookin effect to enhance my photos

And thanks !

Auieos

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure you after the warm & soft black effect that is quite popular.
Most of the time when you see people using this effect it has come from part of a software package or plugin and it is simply a case of click and apply.
If you are after the easy road and prepared to part with you cash then I am fairly sure Alien Skin Exposure has a few filters that would mimic this effect.
On the other hand if you want to do it yourself using tools inside Photoshop then you can...

Adjust the curves layer to crop the range of tones present in the photo.
Use the color balance to give it a warm orange color to the darker parts of the image.

Have included an exaggerated example of the effect below.

reaffer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Auieos wrote:
Pretty sure you after the warm & soft black effect that is quite popular.
Most of the time when you see people using this effect it has come from part of a software package or plugin and it is simply a case of click and apply.
If you are after the easy road and prepared to part with you cash then I am fairly sure Alien Skin Exposure has a few filters that would mimic this effect.
On the other hand if you want to do it yourself using tools inside Photoshop then you can...

Adjust the curves layer to crop the range of tones present in the photo.
Use the color balance to give it a warm orange color to the darker parts of the image.

Have included an exaggerated example of the effect below.

That was a brilliant anwser thanx really , i've never used color balance before . And btw , i always like to form the effect cuz i'm into using other softwares like Sony Vegas which has slightly the same adjustement tools PS has , so i always like to know
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: