PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How would I achive this gradient fill?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Catp00p

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: How would I achive this gradient fill? Reply with quote

I'm trying to do a gradient fill like the one on the background of www.somethingawful.com or better yet like the one on http://www.fontfreak.com/index2.htm where the orange fades into the white...

I've been trying for an hour now and can't figure this out... how would I achieve this effect?

BrideXIII

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok I am not sure this is an actually gradient fill, and depending on how large you want to take it, there is a quick way to duplicate it, try this;

open a new file 200x200.

use the line tool set at width 1 or 2 depending on how thick you want your lines,
set a background colour slightly lighter than the lines you are going to draw.
draw your lines horizontally and evenly spaced all the way down. then in layer styles, you can either use a colour overlay, or a gradient overlay depending on what you want the pic to do, ( ie for tiling use colour overlay so it tiles properly)

and set the colour or gradient overlay anywhere between 30% and 75% depending on the effect you want.

remember that for a background a gradient fill wont tile, but for the small orange gif you mentioned it would be perfect, just adjust the gradient overlay strength till you get the opacity you want.

grad.gif
 Description:
A very quick example ( ie i messed the spacing up) but I am on my way out the door)
 Filesize:  3.04 KB
 Viewed:  1681 Time(s)

grad.gif

WildWitchin | Template Magic | The Cauldron | Celestial Magic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: