PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
HSB, Brightness Changing with keyboard CS4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

dustbin1_uk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:55 am    Post subject: HSB, Brightness Changing with keyboard CS4 Reply with quote

Hey Guys! Good to be here!

I hope you can help me.

This is about PS CS4 Extended.

I've been trying to find a way to change the brightness slider in the Color -> HSB Window, using the keyboard.

For example, when I am painting, I use the [ and ] keys to change the brush size, and I use the number keys to change the opacity.

But what I REALLY want to do is press a key to change the brightness value, on the colour attached to my brush up or down a couple of values.

I attempted to do this with an action script, but all I can do is set it to a specific value, rather than increasing or lowering the value up and down. Frown

Does anyone know of a good way to get this done?

Many thanks for all your help,

Mark :)

dustbin1_uk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best I have managed to come up with so far:

I set up an Action, set it to Ctl + F5, this sets my HSB sliders to Zero, apart from brightness that I set to 20%

For Ctl + F6 Brightness to 50%
For Ctl + F7 Brightness to 75%

If I want black I hit the default D key
If I want white, I hit D then X

Ok, so this is means that as long as I don't want anything other than black white or shades of grey, then I am good.

However, I think it's a bit sucky that I can't change the brightness of any colour up or down on the fly with the keyboard.

Still it's not really a major issue, more of an annoyance. :)

Also it would be better if actions could be edited, so I could remove the settings that change the HS values of the HSB. But again, it's more of an annoyance than a real issue.

Maybe in CS5 this is not an issue? I don't own that as I can't afford the money for it, but I bet it's not as bad in there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: