PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
******I am having problems with editing Images******
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

andybr1ggs

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: ******I am having problems with editing Images****** Reply with quote

I am currently working on gamebitz.co.uk it is a site with a black background, basically i have been trying to find images appropiate to the listing I have made so they blend in with the site ie i dont want images with a white back ground because it looks awful but then again images I have edited using normal paint in desktop look just as rubbish.

I need some help in how I can take the first image i find in google the best image and make that appropiate for my product listing. ie i would like to take that image and place it on a black background.

I have no experience in graphic design or anything like this so wondering on all you good people to help me.

Below is an image for example an acer 5735 i need placing on my website (on of many i need to do)

Thank-you

www.gamebitz.co.uk
www.pink-insurance.com

iDad

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here ya go

iDad

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure thats what you wanted, this one will display what ever color bakground your site has

andybr1ggs

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes thats the one i wanted i no that if i enlarge the image the latter image is what i will always get.

but if you look here i googled the first hd remote control and just used the "paint fill" method tofill background
http://gamebitz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=133&products_id=797 but when u enlarge the image you can see white lines round the outside of the remote also same here

http://gamebitz.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=133&products_id=799

the above link explains what i mean better you can see the white lines round the side.

thanks for your help

www.gamebitz.co.uk
www.pink-insurance.com

iDad

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use feathering into an object to remove the rough edges but there are other methods to refine lines. some are a real time consuming process Are you looking to do it or for some one else to do it?

andybr1ggs

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no....myself

www.gamebitz.co.uk
www.pink-insurance.com

iDad

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can select the black area feather in 1/2 pixals create a new layer "on top" of image, use color selector to match color of the image background then fill in the new layer that will look better

andybr1ggs

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iDad wrote:
You can select the black area feather in 1/2 pixals create a new layer "on top" of image, use color selector to match color of the image background then fill in the new layer that will look better

dont suppose you have a step by step way with a specific program ? dont have a clue what feather is

www.gamebitz.co.uk
www.pink-insurance.com

iDad

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

open image with photoshop, create new layer(leave transparent)> select image layer>select black background of image> right click mouse>select "feather"...on popup widow select 1 or 2 pixels(this will over lap the unselected images with the new color your going to apply> after feather number is selected click OK>
then select your new layer you created>fill it in with the color of background on original picture(be sure your new layer is on top)> combine(merge) layers> check your work tweak if needed with more or less feathering

andybr1ggs

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks very much for your help idad i will give it a try.......invaluable

cheers mate (just need to download a program) but one done and downloaded in effect every image will look like the one attached ?

many thanks

www.gamebitz.co.uk
www.pink-insurance.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: