PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
I get an entry point _except_handler4_common error...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

mmbrajohan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:44 am    Post subject: I get an entry point _except_handler4_common error... Reply with quote

The error is 'The procedure entry point _except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll.'

I get that error message when I try to open Photoshop CS4. I also happens with Regbooster...

I reinstalled windows and installed SP3 again with all the latest C++ redistributable packs, framework packages, latest drivers for my components etc...

I referred to this thread: http://bytes.com/groups/net-vc/61103...vcrt-dll-error but it did not help me much, mainly because I don't understand Greek... :-)

My machine is:

CPU: AMD Phenom 9950
Memory: 3072MB
MOBO: Asrock K10N78FullHD-SLI R3.0
GPU: XFX 9800GT 512MB

How can I fix this error?

Is it serious?

faxmachine

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: _except_handler4_common SOLUTION!!! Reply with quote

Recently started getting this error message on opening any CS4 apps (following recent update). Did a big read up on googled sites and came to this:

FOR XP:

Search system for dwmapi.dll, once found, rename to 1dwmapi.dll (or whatever, just rename it so that you can find it later if you need it for some reason) - problem solved!

Apparently it has something to do with compiling apps and upgrades in Vista rather than XP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: