PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
I know less than anyone about photoshop HELP HELP HELP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

highbrow

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: I know less than anyone about photoshop HELP HELP HELP Reply with quote

I have a picture on my computer I am told it needs to be larger and needs to be in Hi res 300dpi. I have no idea what any of that means. is it possible, what is the best dpi I can get it to, 1 dpi or is that bad, how do you make something Hi Res.

if anyone could help I would be so grateful I am surprised I was able to get the image on my computer.

My email corysontag@yahoo.com

Any help would be great I would than do something nice for someone in return like pay it forward

The Custom K1ng

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPI ( dots per inch)
this is the amount of dots (pixels) per inch on the picture.
A standard laser printer is betweeen 800 and 1600 dpi. Therefore 1 DPI is pretty poor.
Another name for this is resoloution. You can therefore change this is photoshop if you go to image>properties. then resoloution.
Any problems let me know.
:P:P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: