PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
I think I'm an alien
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

renata

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:41 pm    Post subject: I think I'm an alien Reply with quote

Aaghhh! Am I really the only one who's offended by the modern patronising way of hiding behind acronyms and weasel words instead of telling us what's actually going on?

My kid came home with a note announcing "PBIS Launch Day". But nowhere does it say what PBIS stands for. It's so obvious to the teachers (who have probably spent precious days workshopping it) that they've forgotten that their target audience (i.e parents) don't know what they're talking about. I've made up my own acronyms (which I won't print).

I'm sorry to rant, but this seems like a safe place! The note says that the school will be holding "the official launch of our new school rules":

"At 9.30am, students will forward to their classrooms to mark rolls and collect notes. Parents and caregivers are invited to the hall for our official assembly. After the assembly, parents and caregivers will be asked to leave and students will return to their classrooms."

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who think that this agenda is a little baffling and, perhaps, lacking in detail?

And finally, students must come to school dressed in yellow, green or blue (depending on their year group) because this, in some mystical way, reflects the new school rules. I feel like beating my head against the nearest wall.... has the world gone so stupid that rules must be color coded?

What about maths? Science? Literature? Heck, Photoshop? Why can't the school spend energy on these things instead of color coding rules and spewing out acronyms? Maybe I should photoshop one of those "demotivational" posters to demonstrate a use of the acronym PBIS...

Please let there be another alien like me somewhere out in cyberspace who understands my frustration!

Auieos

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel bad that they are making things more difficult for you in an already difficult time.

They are more likely the ones from another planet.

renata

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Auieos, you are a very kind person. But I'm fine, actually, I just tend to rant about things sometimes!

Thanks...
Diana
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: