PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Ideas? Suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

vbreuning

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Ideas? Suggestions? Reply with quote

I am trying to start a local web design / IT consulting company and have begun toying with concepts for a logo. The name of my company is Treasure Coast Technologies (tCt) and this is my first concept for a logo. Any and all feedback... positive or negative... is appreciated. I am more business oriented and have decent web development and SEO experience but am somewhat of a novice at graphic design. Let me know, thank you in advance!

This is a down-sized JPG file of my original PSD document because the logo will be small on the website itself. I really like the idea of the power button symbol incorporated into the 'C' but am unsure of the colors, shadows, shading, etc.

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As for some basic advice going for logos; make sure you can enlarge them without losing quality. If you want to use a JPG for your website that's fine, as long as your logo's PSD file is build up of shape layers. This way there's no 'extra' work to be done if you some day need a high resolution image (i.e. print etc.)

Having said that, on the the logo itself. There's a couple of things I would take another look at.
- Firstly, if you hadn't mentioned the company's acronym being tCt, I would have guessed it being tGt. Where I like the idea of the on its side, it should come at the cost of lowering the legibility of the logo. If this was me, I would most likely try to make the stripe a bit thinner to have it less feeling like a part of the C, if that makes sense.
- Personally I'm not too big of a fan of flipping a letter in an abbreviation type logo. Just makes things hard to read imho. Matter of taste though.
- The 2 bright colours are something you might want to reconsider, to me 2 bright colours like a cyan and a lime don't really feel to fit the consultant company I have in mind from your brief explanation.

Grtz,

vbreuning

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks for the feedback Rarity.

I will draft up another and post soon! May end up taking the power button symbol out entirely. Although I did think it was creative, it doesn't jump right out as a C unless youre looking for it.

Color scheme: What about a red, black, and white theme for an IT company?

vbreuning

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one I threw together really fast. It was actually my original idea (to incorporate a desktop pc image, a wireless signal, etc) with a '{' added to enclose it, giving it a coding feel also. Again, all feedback, positive or negative, is greatly appreciated.

I feel it needs to have more than one color...possibly the text in gray? or maybe even a darker blue? Thanks again in advance.

Rarity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my own experience, I wouldn’t too much more than a simple icon + the company name if needed. The draft is way too busy and I would recommend removing some objects. Having the company name spread across multiple lines isn’t something I’d do as well.
Here’s how I feel about the current colours and I’ll illustrate this with a few suggestions.
- The black / white / red will look alright. Don’t take a ‘pure’ black and a ‘pure’ white though. Take a very dark grey and a very light grey instead. A gradient between two close tints of those colours with a bit of noise to decrease banding will work very nice in the whole branding (business cards / website etc).
- As for the logo I would suggest one colour, combined with a dark grey. (like a #111111 for example)
- Don’t have full bright saturated colours (so not a 255,0,0 [#ff0000] red or a 0,255,255 [#00ffff] cyan) try the following for the cyan - #1E9F9C and two possible reds: #E25C5C & #AE1E1E.
If you want some inspiration for colour schemes, you could visit http://www.kuler.com as there are a lot of themes there usually 5 or 6 colours that play nice with each other, sorted per category / vibe etc.

Edit: the new site is actually https://kuler.adobe.com/explore/newest/

Last edited by Rarity on Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

vbreuning

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took your advice Rarity... decided to scrap the long company name and simplify. Being that I live on the Atlantic Coast and am going to start locally, Atlantech might be worth considering. With that in mind and applying what you recommended, I put this together this morning. I like it a lot better than anything else so far. All criticism welcome.

Rarity

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks way way better! As for the circles, I'm not too sure how the lightning / drop shadow will pan out on other uses i.e. business cards and stuff but it looks good on there.

As for the slogan line, I would suggest adjusting the tracking to fill up some of that space between the words.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: