PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Image fill the whole canvas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Seerex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:10 am    Post subject: Image fill the whole canvas? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I'm very new to photoshop, so go easy on me and explain as "noob-friendly" as you can :P

I created a monster. I set the canvas area to be pretty big so i had enough room, i then drew up the monster and now that i am done, the monster is only filling like 50% of the canvas. That means, when i export it and shrink it down and stuff, the image is actually a lot bigger, but only 50% of it is the monster itself, meaning the monster get's smaller than intended when it shrinks (hope i am making sense).

So, i need a way to make the whole canvas the size of the monster, or throw the monster up to fill the whole canvas in some way, so the scale / ratio fits? any advice?

thanks on advance :)

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's where the cropping tool comes in. Press the shortcut C on your keyboardmor select itmfrom the menu. Set the edges of the box to the size you want, the actual part of the image in this case, press enter or click the checkmark to apply and done..

Hope this helped.

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Rarity has suggested crop tool or in this case maybe Image>Trim.

Pops55

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I am not mistaken, I believe you may be changing (reducing) the "Canvas" size instead of changing (reducing) the "Image" size.

When you reduce the canvas size, it automatically crops. Reducing the image will keep the image as you like it but scale it smaller.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: