PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Image "merge" question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

bluerattle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Image "merge" question Reply with quote

I have a black and white image that I would like to use as a subtle shading effect on a primary image. Can anyone suggest a technique for merging the images, such that the bw image serves as a filter to darken/lighten the primary image it overlays?

thanks,
BR

Skullkid

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make a new xy*xy pixels image.

Put the two images for the new page. On the first picture make a transparent gradient (from black to trans.) from left to right. On the second picture make this, from right to left. Then change the blending mode for what you want.

The result is here.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

bluerattle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Merging Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. In my case, I don't want one of the images to be noticeable, but only serve as the source of a contour.

As you suggest, the Blend option gave me some moderate success. When I chose the "Luminosity" kind of blend, it roughly worked, though I had to tweak a lot afterwards.

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you just darken the B&W image a lot and then adjust the opacity?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: