PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Image resolution and memory size using Photoshop and Illustr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

TimiB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject: Image resolution and memory size using Photoshop and Illustr Reply with quote

Hi !
I have a PDF document of to Mb to which I need to make changes using mainly Illustrator.
However, one of the elements in the PDF is an image which has text in a foreign language inside, which I need to translate. I would like to use Photoshop to remove that text and then insert the text again in Illustrator.

I have noticed that to keep the entire quality of my image, I first need to have Photoshop rasterise the PDF at a resolution of 1200 dpi.

My problems comes when I save. If I save at maximum resolution, my image becomes 744 Mb, for instance with BitMap BMP format.

That is much too large. Is there any way of keeping the full resolution of the original PDF without having a large file? If not, what resolution should I adopt and what image format (jpg, bmp, png, etc.)?

Kind regards,
TimiB

TimiB

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shoot man, this is incredible.
I get better results exporting to PDF than saving as an image. The image is much less blured up. Can someone tell me why?
I chose a compression option for it not to downsample the image. Why can't I choose this when saving as jpg or bmp?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: