PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Is there a technique to fix indoor lighting for fullsun pic?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

at0micgirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Is there a technique to fix indoor lighting for fullsun pic? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I was wondering anyone knows of a standard technique for correcting color in a image from a digital camera, when the user (as in, not me!) selected the manual mode and didn't select the correct lighting mode (white balance) for the image.

I have a Panasonic DMC-TZ5, and one of my relatives took photos of my son's 2nd bday party today. I should have known better to look at her images after the first one, but I was a LITTLE busy.

When in a hurry like this, I use the "Intelligent Automatic" mode, which is amazing, and knows I'm outside and switches, so my photos turned out.

But the other photos were taken with the white balance set to Indoor Lighting (like florescent) while we were outside in the sun.

I'll attach a sample image for you to preview.

I know how to adjust levels, use variations, and/or use match color for this, but I don't want to tweak things that don't need tweaking.

Is there any standard technique that fixes an indoor lighting setting for an image taken in full sunlight?

Thanks for your help!!!

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a number of methods, but I mostly use curves. In this case I took the grey dropper and clicked on the headliner area in the vehicle.

at0micgirl

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:08 pm    Post subject: Thank you!!! Reply with quote

thanks! this is working beautifully! i've only used curves once before, a long time ago, and I totally forgot about it. i'm a little out of practice. getting my game on!

thanks again - these photos are saved! =)

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the site, at0micgirl. :) Glad to hear that you got this sorted - hawkeye is very smart!

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: