PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
japanese rising sun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

2k!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: japanese rising sun Reply with quote

Hi i am trying to create a rising sun. I have gotten it so that the lines are coming from the middle. i would like to have them coming from the top left corner. I have yet to be able to figure that out. help would greatly be appreciated.

psd.jpg
 Description:
this is what it looks like so far.
 Filesize:  49.91 KB
 Viewed:  5086 Time(s)

psd.jpg

Sublimity

PS Version: Master Collection CS3/CS4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 2K,

Simply drag the center of the image (The vertex where all the lines meet) to the top left corner to simulate the rays coming from that directly. If your image is then not big enough to cover the entire canvas, you can resize it as photoshop will do an adequate job resampling and retaining the sharp edges of each ray. If not, you can redo this ray effect quite easily making vertical lines and then using polar coordinates, assuming thats how you achieved this image.

2k!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, thanks i'll try that. i used polar coordinates but when i got it in the corner and hit ok it didn't do anything.

2k!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh, i havent been able to figure out that method. when i drag it to the top left obviously most of it goes out of frame. what would i do to fill that empty space to make it look complete? fairly new to these types of techniques so help would be greatly appreciated.

Sublimity

PS Version: Master Collection CS3/CS4

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can recreate the image on a larger (and separate) canvas so that when you move the image back to the original document, it can cover the entire canvas without the empty space. I would recommend creating the sun on another canvas that is about 3 or 4 times larger than your original.

2k!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey thanks for the help. finally got it to where i want it. i just crop the part i want and then blew it up. I made it so i could make a wallpaper with it. ill post finished product when im done. thanks alot for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: