PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
JPEG quality help please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

filmguy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: JPEG quality help please Reply with quote

I have to submit some jpegs. The requirements are that they have to be 300 DPI (whatever that is) It seems mine are 72 . is there a way in photoshop to change them? thx for any and all help.

iDad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

open in photoshop>menu> image>image size> set your size blue hightighted selection is what you want to change Pixels resolution

rogermota

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

filmguy,

Hope I'm not too late, but here goes:

300dpi means that there are 300 dots for every square inch of image. It's the standard resolution for when something needs to be professionally printed.

What you really want to do is, open your image, to go Image > Image Size as iDad has shown on the screenshot above.

Now you want to untick the "Resample Image" and change the resolution to 300 dpi. Now pay attention to what that does with the With and Heigh of the Document Size. If the image is of sufficient size, then you're good to go. If not, then tick again the "Resample Image" and change the Document Size size (leave the 300dpi alone).

You ideally don't want to be increasing the physical dimensions of your image as the details will get soft and blurry (that's because Photoshop is having to make information up to increase the size).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: