PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Layer Style for only PART of the Layer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Vmusic

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Layer Style for only PART of the Layer Reply with quote

Hi,
Someimtes I use a layer style for an effect, but I want it only on part of a layer... NOT ALL of it.

For example, I have a layer where I select a circlular area in the middle of the layer, and then I delete it, exposing the layer below through the circle.
NOW... For just the circular area I want a bevel and emboss style. I don't really want it on the whole layer because the edges of the layer will have the effect, and I don't want it there... I only on part of the layer.. or in my example the circular area.

ANY IDEAS on how to do this???

Isn't there a way to copy a selection and paste it into a new layer with the layer style 'rendered' ????

Thanks

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

copy and paste a new selection Ctrl+J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: