PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
lighting effects not working
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

chriswrcg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: lighting effects not working Reply with quote

I recently tried a tutorial that was featured in photoshop creative magazine. The tut was using warp and lighting effects to create a spooky haunted house photo manipulation. I was doing well with it until it got to the apply lighting effect step. When I try to add a lighting effect all i get in the preview window is blackness. no matter what light I choose, (spot, point, or infinite) or what color i make the light it does nothing. I manipulate the size and intensity but it has no effect. Lighting effects essentially does not work.
I looked it up online and one site suggested that i make sure that the (use graphics processor) box is checked in the performance tab of preferences which it is. I have also tried turning the layer into a smart object.
any ideas on how to fix it.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just guessing but you probably have the wrong layer selected.

chriswrcg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope. i double checked both with it being a standard layer as well as the layer being a smart object.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: