PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Looking for critique once again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Oddmonster

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Looking for critique once again Reply with quote

Hi guys

I posted here a while ago with a composition I had made, and partly through good advice obtained from you guys it ended up quite good, from being really quite bad. I have kept at it with Photoshop, and have created many new compositions, and I feel I am ready for some constructive feedback on my last 2 pieces. Be brutal and be honest -

gir2l.jpg
 Description:
This picture is inspired by the author Neil Gaiman, and it is a quote of his I used on the picture.
 Filesize:  133.38 KB
 Viewed:  819 Time(s)

gir2l.jpg

digiskullcables.jpg
 Description:
After doing the fairy piece, and quite a few other more fantasy inspired pieces, I tried making something a little darker, and play with blend modes.
 Filesize:  101.3 KB
 Viewed:  819 Time(s)

digiskullcables.jpg

Jolly_Jumper

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GJ;)

But for perfection i'd lower contrast on the wings to make it blend better with the rest of the picture, and maybe blur with a 2px size brush where it connects with the girl, and repair the black spot on the rock behind her...also the grass is a rly good try, but could make it look more realistic, mostly in the foreground there, idk how though :P Also, her hair looks rly weird^^ it kind of got a split in midle there, idk whats happened there, but i'd try using the repair tool actually, it's allways a luckgame playing with that repair tool if it works or not, but if it wont work then maybe select that part of the layer and darken?

The second one looks rly cool, but maybe reduce contrast and/or adjust saturation aswell as selective colour to make the background a little bit more green and blend more with the black, the top wire going straight up also looks a bit transparent, there u could either try the dodge tool or highten contrast on that particular part the layer, if all fails u can allways stamp^^ the skull is just perfect though;)

This is just very small adjustments u mightve allready tried, idk, but thats what i would try to do;P

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the second one is pretty cool. :)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

esprintguy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of them look really amazing. The only problem is with the first one wherein I think that the font size is a bit too small, making it harder to read at a glance. Other than that, that's really great work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: