PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Looking for freelancer for long term contract work
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Cash and Barter Market Place
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

wbullard

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Looking for freelancer for long term contract work Reply with quote

We are looking for individuals who are experts with the displacement technique in PhotoShop. The work will consist of us providing you an image of a sofa, or chair, and one or more images of fabrics. We will need you to use the displacement technique to cover the furniture item with the fabric(s). If the fabric has a pattern, we will provide you with the "repeat" so that when the fabric is displaced over the sofa it appears with the correct repeat. As an example, please see the attached files.

For the right firm or individual we will provide several of these files each week. Occasionally several each day. We are based in the US. Projects will be made available during the day, and the resulting work will need to be returned to us by 8 AM Central.

To evaluate your abilities we will need to see examples of displacement work you have done, or you can use the files we have provided.

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry but no files have appeared maybe the spam catcher stopped you as it's your first post...

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lee,

There isn't anything in place that would have prevented Mr. Bullard from attaching files. Maybe he didn't mean to and meant that they would send the files to interested parties? Not sure. At any rate, I'm sure he'll respond with more info. :)

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

wbullard

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patrick wrote:
Hey Lee,

There isn't anything in place that would have prevented Mr. Bullard from attaching files. Maybe he didn't mean to and meant that they would send the files to interested parties? Not sure. At any rate, I'm sure he'll respond with more info. :)

Thanks,

Patrick

I just realized that all of my files are greater than the 200K maximum. I could redu

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 11.35.43 AM.jpg
 Description:
Fabric repeat details
 Filesize:  66.41 KB
 Viewed:  615 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2014-05-01 at 11.35.43 AM.jpg

grayson-chair.jpg
 Description:
Chair
 Filesize:  43.72 KB

grayson-chair.jpg

33207_311 at 200K.jpg
 Description:
Fabric
 Filesize:  87.22 KB

33207_311 at 200K.jpg

wbullard

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but I didn't realize the 200K file upload limitation until now. I hope the files that are on the posting make sense. It is important to factor in the repeat for the fabric.

We really want to find one or more persons who can provide quality work, on schedule. We don't care what your hourly rate is, but how much a work like this will cost us.

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

This would be a complicated process as presumably you want the fabric to follow the lines and contours of the sofa etc. Just using a displacement map wouldn't achieve this! Each panel on the sofa would need to be dealt with separately to get the material to shape correctly also the original patterns as in the sofa image would need removing as displacement maps use a blending mode showing what's underneath so the original pattern would show through if left...

I see no way that a simple displacement map will solve this!

wbullard

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seaco wrote:
Hi

This would be a complicated process as presumably you want the fabric to follow the lines and contours of the sofa etc. Just using a displacement map wouldn't achieve this! Each panel on the sofa would need to be dealt with separately to get the material to shape correctly also the original patterns as in the sofa image would need removing as displacement maps use a blending mode showing what's underneath so the original pattern would show through if left...

I see no way that a simple displacement map will solve this!
I don't know how they do it, but there are two persons in the US who have submitted high quality work at rates that are in our budget. I'd still like to find a couple more people to add to our resource pool.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, Mr. Bullard. I figured it was probably something like that. If you need to share higher quality files, you can always use a free file host like http://tinypic.com.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Cash and Barter Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: