PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Looking for some help
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

t_pinchen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:48 am    Post subject: Looking for some help Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I am currently in the process of designing a new computer mouse product. I am however by no means a designer and have only dabbled with programs such as photoshop in the past for editing photographs.

I am looking for some help with my problem. I have managed to design the shape and general look of the mouse using macromedia fireworks however want to both make it appear glossy and add a floral design to it.

The whole concept behind the product is to make computer peripherals more friendly to the female market and so I am looking to include a modern floral pattern to the design. I have attached two pictures to this post, the first of what my current design looks like and the second shows the kind of floral art look I am after.

I would be really grateful if someone could help me make my mouse look beautiful so that I can further my project.

Many thanks for all your help and advice.

Thomas Pinchen :)

Packaging Design.jpg
 Description:
Idea as to what I mean by floral design
 Filesize:  35.8 KB
 Viewed:  185416 Time(s)

Packaging Design.jpg

Mouse Design Plain White.jpg
 Description:
The mouse design so far.
 Filesize:  11.55 KB
 Viewed:  185416 Time(s)

Mouse Design Plain White.jpg

moondog

PS Version: CS2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi t_pinchen,
perhaps this is something along what you were thinking of?

I took the liberty of changing your "logo" to something perhaps a bit more feminine although I'm sure there are other fonts that would give off a better feel. You could imagine a small version of your logo in the same place as the one I put.

Also, this print could be done in almost any color you could imagine. If you want to see others, just ask.

Please let me know what you think.

dog

t_pinchen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Moondog,

I love the design you have created and I agree with you that my "logo" is fairly naff, I do much prefer yours.

I wasn't however expecting to use that image I had given as the final floral impression rather more of an idea of the style. I was looking for a slightly more simple floral design that ideally would start at the bottom of the mouse and have 'branches' winding up towards the button end.

I have attached a, not great, further example of the floral pattern I am looking for below. I like the top example best and am looking for something vine like and similar.

Many thanks for taking the time to help me.

Tom :)

floral brushes example.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  120.59 KB
 Viewed:  185409 Time(s)

floral brushes example.jpg

t_pinchen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another better example of the style. :)

Floral Vector Art.gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  42.42 KB
 Viewed:  185405 Time(s)

Floral Vector Art.gif

moondog

PS Version: CS2

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So would you like these specific prints on the mouse ... perhaps in different colors. When it comes to frilly and like that I'm not that good at improvising. I can take "existing" and add to your mouse and change the colors and what not, so let me know

dog

t_pinchen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Moondog,

Thanks again for posting back. It would be great if you could take some of the most recent examples I gave and place them on the design. As for the colours I think if you leave them black and white to begin and then once I have seen it I will have a better idea of whether it should be in colour or not.

Thanks,

Tom :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: