PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Loosing colors when saving psd to jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

kreku

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:03 am    Post subject: Loosing colors when saving psd to jpg Reply with quote

Hi
When I finish working with a picture in photoshop I need to save it as jpg as my psd files are extremly big (200,300MB) However when I open saved jpg in any other program than PS colors seems to be lost. Picture is flat, completly different to what I specified in PS.
Anybody can help me with this please?
Many thanks for your time and replies.
Kreku

kyenoone

PS Version: Adobe Photoshop Cs4

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try going too your colours pallete.

The one on the left in your toolbar, Normally default, Black and white.
Click on one of the colours and
there should be an option saying

"only web colors" try using that or otherwise

When saving your psd as a jpeg. JPEG options should come up

Make sure the quality is set to "Maximum" and/or "12"

I use the progressive option.

It should all come clear as you go through the process!

kreku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks Mate for your post. Sorry for delay. I've tried all what you have suggested and there's still a problem. I think it might be more related to what is assigned to computers settings rather than to PS as I can see the difference when use different programs to open saved jpg. I will try to solve it. Thanks again for your help.
Kreku

calouroj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:52 pm    Post subject: Same problem Reply with quote

I am having the same problem. I understand all about web safe colors and all, but I don't think this is the problem. The image should look the same no matter where I open it on my computer. I realize that no matter how high quality you try to save a .jpg, it's not going to look anything like the Photoshop file, but how come when I open the .jpg up in Photoshop it's more vibrant than when I open it in Preview? I've tried saving my files at Maximum both with and without progressive set. I've attached an example. The image on the left is opened in Mac's Preview and the image on the right is opened in Photoshop.

-Jill

calouroj

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:08 pm    Post subject: Found some answers Reply with quote

I've found this information:

http://www.justskins.com/forums/loss-of-color-saturation-density-when-saving-as-jpeg-58395.html

It worked, but I now have to figure out a way in which I don't have to repeat this process for every image. Dead

-Jill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: