PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Magic wand selects all areas of one color
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Sparkie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: Magic wand selects all areas of one color Reply with quote

Ok..this is strange. Never had it happen before, but now I want to be rid of it.

Say I have a picture with a white background. A part of the image inside the picture is also white. If I just want to remove the white background, normally I would select it with the magic wand and hit Delete. But now, anytime I click the background, everything of that color is highlighted with the wand. The tolerance is set to 32, and I've tried the "reset tool" button to get it back to where it was, but it still does this. Can anyone help me get rid of it?

jiteye

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:00 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Check to see if you have the "Contiguous" option checked or not.
unchecked could certainly cause what you seem to describe as your problem.
( as well generally have the "Use all Layers unchecked" as well.)

Sparkie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: rotten checkboxes! Reply with quote

Thanks, jiteye - you have saved my sanity! (didn't have contiginilious-whatever that word is- checked)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: