PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Need Help With Motion Blur
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

drgrafix

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Need Help With Motion Blur Reply with quote

Newbie here, hope this forum is what I want. I love PS, and I think its the right product to do what I want to do... but I've never done it before.

OK, I understand the basic concept of the motion blur, but what I'd like to do is create a picture where I have a vehicle that pretty much looks normal in front but from the mid-point back... it's a gradual blur that has enough color to make sure the viewer senses it is the car and not the background. I'd like the car to be separate from the background so I can experiment with backgounds blurred or not. I'm almost thinking you'd stretch the back half of the car with a gradual fade. Hope I'm explaining this correctly :).

Another effect I'm not sure about is whether it would look good with staged, blurred layers so that the car is in varying levels of transparency but you see the full outline of the car and its like steps with a disolve to almost nothing on the left and in say 20 sequences... the last car on the right is fully rendered and highlighted.

Thanks in advance for the help.

grannygeek

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could make a selection around the rear end of the car, close to the car, and motion blur that area..

To do the other, you have to remove the car from the background, and gradually fade out and duplicate the car..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: