PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
need some advice on a photo manipulation project
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

rogue54

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:09 am    Post subject: need some advice on a photo manipulation project Reply with quote

I am working on a photoshop manipulation project. Just an Idea I thought about that will be using turtles. What I am wanting to do is make the turtle's shell shiny and colored like that of a car. I have attempted this by using the quick selection tool to select the shell then adding color and using bevel in blending mode. This did not come out quite right. I have also thought of removing parts from actually car pictures and warping them into shape. This would take some time to do. Is there any other ways to do this? I have done a couple of photo manipulations before, but I'm a little bit stumped on this one. I am fairly new to this, but have a little bit of knowledge. I have provided the picture I am wanting to use so you can see. Thank you in advance for your help.

Fl box turtle side2.jpg
 Description:
This is one of the turtle images I want to use.
 Filesize:  184.14 KB
 Viewed:  362 Time(s)

Fl box turtle side2.jpg

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can think of a convincing way to do it, but I would think that your warping of car parts to fit and then with a but more shading/bevelling of the edges would be the way to go. It's not going to be easy though.

rogue54

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
I can think of a convincing way to do it, but I would think that your warping of car parts to fit and then with a but more shading/bevelling of the edges would be the way to go. It's not going to be easy though.

That's what I was thinking. Could I ask what way you had in mind? I just want to have several options on hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: