PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
~~Need Some Help With A Logo...~~
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Cash and Barter Market Place
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Legacy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: ~~Need Some Help With A Logo...~~ Reply with quote

First and foremost I'm new to this forum and hopefully I'll gain lots of knowledge in here. I've never used Photoshop so I'm starting from scratch with no not the slightest idea on what to do.

This is a little briefing on my situation. I'm starting my own R&B/Hip-Hop production company so I've had a layout of a design that someone made for me to be used on a website I had running (for a very short while). Anyways, I no longer have contact with this person, but I wanted to use the same design he made for because the name of my company will be the same as the website was.

I like the layout in this one but there are some minor problems. First of all and the most obvious is the .com portion. I want to clear this out but as I mentioned I have the slightest clue on how to do so. Also, the lower portion "The Intensive Care....." I want to delete that and there put the word Production on there. I also want to capitalize the 2 L's on ILL. Lastly, although I like the turntables in the background, this company is not one that will have DJ's so I need to some how some way to change that onto something that resembles a producer's equipment i.e. synthesizers, microphone, switchboards.

As far as the company logo, I also have something that that friend of mine did for me....

The only things that I would like to change on this is the color of the blocks on the logo (baby blue like the previous pic). Also, getting rid of the .com and putting Productions in its place and not to mention that the word Essentially was spelled incorrectly.

I don't know how simple/complex this is. I don't know if this is well over my learner's skill level. But if there's anyone who can assist me in either helping me out with a tutorial or if possible if someone volunteers to make the changes I'll greatly appreciate it. As I said I'm mainly here to learn how to do things though. Only reason why I'm being a little bit picky about all this is because the final draft I'm going to have it printed out for business cards so I want the best to go in there otherwise I don't want to waste my money on something that I'm not fully satisified with.

If it helps any I have Photopshop 7.0.

Thanks in advance and I hope to gain mass amount of knowledge in here.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changing the colour on the blocks should be fairly easy, but altering the fist one is going to be a bit tricky, it would probably be easier to start from scratch (unless the original is saved with all the layers intact) in which case it would depend on whats where on the layers. Wayne

Legacy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess that the first one will require someone who really know what they're doing.

helcyon

PS Version: CS3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah so i would say just redo the 1st one, since you dont like the turntables, .com, or bottom phrase. That leave the grid and the color... So yeah i would say make a new banner.

with the logo, i would suggest changing that also. It doesnt scream Rap/RnB to me at all. And although it is very creative, I dont think it works well as a logo.

Legacy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that I don't like the turnatables which I do but it just doesn't signify a music production company therefore I need that image changed. As far for the logo I do like the originality as you stated and whether it personofies a R&B/Hip-Hop logo that's not really my main concern that's why I'm open to new ideas. Now is there anyone in here that's willing to help me out? As I mentioned I want someone who knows what they're doing and can take on the task head on and I'm more than willing to pay for your time and efforts. So please someone help me.

helcyon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So for this web banner, do you want it these same proportions, 500 x 100 pixels?? Or would you want it larger than that?

You want this banner to say Essentially ILL Productions, correct? You said "production," but would you rather add an s to make it "productions?" and other than this text, which might be the logo, there is nothing else on the banner that you want other than images and graphic elements?

you say you want "Ill" in all caps. Is that really what you want, or do you just want the letters to be able to be distinguished from one another? So it doesnt like like three lll's

sorry i did kind of a critique, i was thinking i was in the design review section... But now if you can answer these questions, I can make a new logo and banner for you.

Legacy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

helcyon wrote:
So for this web banner, do you want it these same proportions, 500 x 100 pixels?? Or would you want it larger than that?

You want this banner to say Essentially ILL Productions, correct? You said "production," but would you rather add an s to make it "productions?" and other than this text, which might be the logo, there is nothing else on the banner that you want other than images and graphic elements?

you say you want "Ill" in all caps. Is that really what you want, or do you just want the letters to be able to be distinguished from one another? So it doesnt like like three lll's

sorry i did kind of a critique, i was thinking i was in the design review section... But now if you can answer these questions, I can make a new logo and banner for you.

This was originally for a website but now I want to convert it into something I can print onto business cards, eventually I'll have the .com back up once I get the business up and running. EssentiallyILL Productions is what I would like for it to say, and also getting rid of the bottom portion where it says "The Intensive Care..." that portion just deleting all together and possibly putting the "Productions" word in its place. As far as the lay out. I love it, color, that transparent effect and even the lines running horizontally. The only thing I would like to change is the actual turn tables. I would love to have something like a microphone, a synthesizer, switchboards, anything having to do with what a producer would use.

As far as the second picture. I would just like to change the color's of the blocks to a baby blue the same as the first one. Take out the www.com portion of that and include Productions as well. As I mentioned as of now that's what I have as a logo but I'm willing to look at more ideas for a logo.

helcyon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so this is what I came up with so far. I just put them all on a 800x600 document. Just to give you an idea. I changed the colors on the existing logo. There are also some quick versions of a new logo idea. Or something along those lines. With the business card, i changed the document size so that its 3.5x2", Standard bus card size. This also was just a real quick thing. Just giving you an idea. If you like any of this and want to use it and want me to elaborate on something, let me know. But something you should think about, is that since it is a business card, They are usually just plain bc of money issues. Usually 1-2 colors (that includes black). However you wanted it similar to the banner, so I tried to do that. Ok well anyway let me know.

swanseamale47

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done Helcyon! Wayne

Legacy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check your PM, sent you soemthing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Cash and Barter Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: