PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
New Forum Organizational Structure Launched!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: New Forum Organizational Structure Launched! Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting PhotoshopForums.com.

Today, I'm happy to announce our new forum organizational structure that has been literally months in the making. In considering feedback we'd received, Matt and I had some long discussions about how we could better organize the structure of our community and how best to execute it. We felt we were at a point where we had enough new posts coming in where we should be able to better categorize our discussions, rather than having such general, non-specific forums.

We dug deep into the community to get a sense for the most popular areas of discussion and we mapped out a structure, which we carefully considered and adjusted. It's the new forum structure you see today on our index page. I have to thank Matt and give him a lot of praise for this as his help and knowledge of Photoshop and this community was an irreplaceable part of this process.

I'll include the before and after forum lists below, for those interested in the gritty details. But, I hope that this new lineup makes it easy to navigate, share, help and discuss Photoshop and design related issues in our community.

Thank you for reading.

Sincerely,

Patrick

Before:

-Photoshop Discussion
General Photoshop Issues
Beginners Section
Brushes, Actions, etc.
Photoshop Tennis
Techiques
PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials

-General Design Discussion
General Design and Development
Design Reviews

-Market Place
Freebie Market Place
Cash and Barter Market Place

-Community Center
General Chat
Game Threads
Introductions
PhotoshopForums.com Announcements

After:

-Photoshop and Design Discussion
General Photoshop and Design Discussion
Actions and Automation
Design and Graphic Reviews
Export, Output and Optimization
Manipulation
Photography
Technical
Tools and Panels
PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips

-Market Place
Cash and Barter Market Place
Freebie Market Place

-Community Center
General Chat
Game Threads
Introductions
PhotoshopForums.com Announcements

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Matt
VIP

PS Version: Lightroom 5, CS4 & Elements 11

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Patrick, I'll raise a glass to it tonight Big Wink

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

We removed a post from this thread in error. It is included below. I apologize for the confusion.

Thanks,

Patrick

neontester wrote:
"Image Manipulation" would be a better heading than "Manipulation", as that sounds a bit vague and possibly disturbing.
Big Grin

And "Technical" would be better described as "Technical Issues".

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello neontester,

Thanks for the feedback. :) I appreciate it. I know I discussed this over private message with you, but I figured I'd reply here, as well, for the benefit of the community.

I think that the suggestion makes sense and I will keep it in mind. I think both ways make sense and that it could go either way.

We could have words like image or issues in most of the individual forums, like Image Export, Output and Optimization and Photography Issues, etc. But, it's a good suggestion and I'll definitely give it some thought.

Thanks again,

Patrick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: