PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Newbie Issue : JPG looks Different on Vista vs. XP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

fredwknapp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:10 pm    Post subject: Newbie Issue : JPG looks Different on Vista vs. XP Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm a newbie working on a simple logo using Photoshop CS2 which is installed on Windows Vista. Part of the logo contains a perfect circle.

The logo looks perfect in Photoshop, I'm saving a copy off as a JPG which also looks perfect on the Vista computer when opened up outside of CS2 in paint, picture viewer etc...

Here is the problem, when I take that same JPG file to another computer running XP, the circle in the logo looks streched a bit and lools more oval. The XP machine does not have CS2, just opening it up in the browser, paint etc....

I'm finding this very strange ? Anyone have any tips that may help?

Thanks for your time!
Fred

hawkeye

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps it's the monitor on the XP computer, is it a wide screen monitor? Is its resolution set correctly?

fredwknapp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply. It does not seem to be an issue with the screen resolution, it is specific to this one file and everything else is fine on the XP computer.

fredwknapp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I'm now suspicious of my Vista laptop that has Photoshop installed.

After fiddling with the screen settings when I open up photoshop I see the logo which I expected to be a circle as an oval. The problem is I want my laptop set to full screen mode.... maybe there is a photoshop setting I need to adjust ?

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change both the computer you created and the computer/s you intend to view it upon to the same resolution (presuming they both have the same aspect ratio).

I would cross check with as many people as possible. Try posting the circle here.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: