PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
newbie question about using the right mouse with Photoshop
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

bozojim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: newbie question about using the right mouse with Photoshop Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm a newbie. I did not know where exactly to park this post in the appropriate forum.

I have been a Photoshop user ever since I started out with an earlier versions of Adobe PhotoDeluxe 2.0 years ago, then gradually went through other versions of Photoshop 6,7,and now CS3.
I'm am not a graphic designer, but need some tips on which is the better mouse to use when tracing around subjects when deleting backgrounds.

What the Quick selection or magic wand does not delete around my subject, I'll have to go around and closely delete any artifacts left over to make a very clean output. BUT...the mouse I'm using gets sticky and does not have free, gliding, more control movement to steadily go around the subject without getting held up, and making me accidentally erase stuff I don't need to erase, only to EDIT>STEP BACKWARD more often.

This is a Dell Logitech mouse, Do Most people that use this or any other editing program like Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel, etc., have to deal with this problem too, or is the standard in editing using a mouse has better results using a wireless mouse, instead of a plug in mouse?

I also have a Fellowes Wrist rest and mouse pad,which may have to be replaced after eight years, but I'm thinking it's more of a mouse problem.

I would like something that GLIDES and has more control than this mouse and pad. yes, I did take the ball out and cleaned the inside and blew it out with compressed air.

Thanks for any suggestions or please post this to the appropriate forum, Thank you!
Confused

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phtotshop is best done with a pen tablet. Wacom is what most use, and you can get their entry level unit for about $50.

I don't care what kind of a mouse you have or how much you spend on a new one, it will never equal a pen tablet for accuracy and control.

bozojim

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright,
Thanks Hawkeye, I will look into it. But what I've seen so far, I see the pen tablet in more usage with the Corel painter using the WACOM Pen.

Is this for true illustrators and free-hand (not the app) artists who like to draw, as opposed to people like me that only use the tools palette in photoshop CS3? My mouse sticks, that's all.

Thank you! Big Wink

hawkeye

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wacom pen tablet compared to a mouse is like comparing a scalpel to a steak knife. For Illustrator as well as Photoshop I consider it an absolute necessity.

You'd be hard pressed to find a serious PS/Illustrator user who does not use a pen tablet.

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Microsoft Optical Mouse

If you are just looking for a mouse. Get yourself a pen and tablet though, as Hawkeye suggests if you are serious.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: