PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
noob- how do i quick save multiple jpegs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

paulyporu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:12 am    Post subject: noob- how do i quick save multiple jpegs Reply with quote

Hey all, im new here , i have a question. I like to save lots of Jpegs when i make small alterations to an image, so i can review them later and choose the best one. The problem is, doing the whole,-- save as-- jpeg--rename file--save--high quality--etc takes to much time. Is there is way i can quickly just save them to a designated file with some automated sequential numbering?

I tried making an action to do this but it just keeps saving over the original jpeg. It cant seem to add an extra digit to the file name.

Is there a way to quick save all the snapshots i take during a session? The quickest way Ive found so far is to use the Action that i made but just keep visiting the folder in which it was saved in and adding a suffix to the file name to prevent it being saved over.

For some reason the SAVE as a COPY box (in the save as tab) cant be checked when saving a jpeg.

salvadore

PS Version: CS5.5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe if you do a batch rename of a folder, you can specify a prefix and or a suffix

do this by opening Bridge and navigating to the folder you want to run a batch on, then under tools, look for batch rename

paulyporu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the hint but that's not what im after.

Lets say i have a folder with one Jpeg in it called, 'car'. I open that jpeg in CS4 and modify it a little. I now want to save it as a jpeg quickly, but not have it over-write the original Jpeg. I want to be able to do this with a FUNCTION key or ACTION or something without the whole SAVE AS routine. I might eventually save 50 jpegs of my progress of the original 'car' pic.

Basically i want to make snapshots that become jpegs that dont disappear when i close the session.

salvadore

PS Version: CS5.5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WEll one thing you can do is create new layers of the car for each step, each layer representing the image you want, then go to "Edit/Scripts/Export Layers to Files", this will create a bunch of new images from each layer and name that car1, car 2 car 3 and so on

paulyporu

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, thats almost perfect except that i have to flatten and make new layers for all my 'progress pics' and it copies all the layers which i dont need. This would be ideal if it was "Export Snapshots to files" instead of layers. there must be a way to do it.

paulyporu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bump , any other ideas?

Boo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keyboard shortcuts will help ease the pain

Htown

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create layer comps for each of your versions then use the File>Scripts>Layer Comps to Files..

I am not sure how it names them, I would guess a number, but you can always rename later using bridge or some other app.

Layer Comps are an extremely useful and overlooked function of PS.

Hope this helps,
Houston

tazzysizzle

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that sound almost what I want BUT i wonder how can I make it one of two layers together and save it as Jpg automatic when I have lot layers that I need to put one and one together and save then next one and one together save etc

Htown

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Photoshop is a powerful program, but you do have to do SOME work. Not everything can be automated.

Put the layers that you want to merge together into a group, Alt-Click on the eye for the group, then do a alt-ctrl-shift-e to merge all the visible layers together while preserving the original layers, then save the file as a jpg or whatever you want. You could create an action for most of this.

As far as saving the files, do a save for web instead. then just add a digit at the end of each file name. It only takes a second. Not sure while you are creating so many variations of the image to compare in jpgs. That is what layer are for so you can just turn them on and off until you see the image adjustment you want. Again. Layer comps can be a great tool if you are needing to turn off and on several effects with one click.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: