PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Noob with scanning, optimizing, and printing. Help please!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

cm3rt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Noob with scanning, optimizing, and printing. Help please! Reply with quote

Okay so this is the story: I scanned in a 100 dollar bill. I opened it up in photoshop, it's got great detail and is high resolution. I added my face to the dollar bill and am now trying to print it.

So here's the problem:

If I print it how it is, it has extremely high pixels, so the image comes out larger than it is supposed to. When I try to shrink the image to the amount of pixels that a dollar is by adjusting the Image Size in PS, it loses a TON of detail, therefore comes out extremely blurry.

So how do I print this image out to fit a specific size (about 1/4 of the size of the image was scanned in as), without losing any detail?

jjochems78

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You shouldn't lose any detail if you have the resample button unchecked in the image resize window.

kevin998

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is very difficult to scan images and get them to come out good. In my experience, what settings you used in the scanning process can impact the image quite a bit. Mostly because scanning software assumes you don't know what you are doing, so it thinks for you.

When I scan images, I always turn off every scanner setting except the pixelization filter (can't remember exactly the name right now) if you are scanning printed photos, and sometime unsharp mask.

CarlaAngelM

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also scanned some photos to be uploaded in my site but I got same problem with cm3rt.

Anyway, I will try your advise Kevin and will let you know if it's works.

Thanks for the help then!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: