PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Open two photos at same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

dglas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Open two photos at same time. Reply with quote

Apparently it is possible to have two separate photos open at the same time allowing to move(with move tool) one onto the other thereby producing two layers with each layer representing a different photo. I have seen pictures of this being done but I can not produce it on my computer.
I can open two photos at the same time but then must toggle between them to choose which will be shown. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Using CS4 on an imac.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the move tool to drag one image into into the other. You'll then have two layers, one picture on each.

dglas

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Hawkeye -- that is exactly what I am trying to do. The problem is if there are not two photos showing at the same time there is no way to drag one onto the other.

The question is how do I get two separate photos showing at the same time in the same document (if document is the correct term)?

hawkeye

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the screen mode, View-Screen Mode-Standard. Or you can copy one and paste into the other.

Htown

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And still yet another option is to open one image and then under File>Place will put the newly selected file on its own layer in the current opened document. In CS4 it will place it as a Smart Object too.

ibutun

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject: .... Reply with quote

İn this picture i will show how to do it... if you working two photos at the same time you can select one, then copy/past to other... After you adjust opacıty for showing under selected photo

Ecto

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet a third option would be to open Photoshop and select File > Scripts > Load Files Into Stack. This allows you to select as many images as you want on your hard drive to opened under the same document on different layers.

kristanfranco

PS Version: CS4

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do you mean that a whole canvas is consuming your workspace? and in order to transfer into another canvas you need to click on the other tab?

just drag the window, until a small box will appear. this designates that the window you are trying to drag will be minimize into a smaller window

kristanfranco.blogspot.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger

nemopaice

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I understand everything correctly, once you have two images open, you want to take one of them and place it in the other as a layer, correct? If so you can just double click in the layers pallet of the one you want to move in order to unlock it, then with the move tool, drag it to the tab of the other image, wait until it appears, then drag over top the image and release.

eliteflyers_com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the move tool to drag one image into into the other
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: